Is Ansu Fati the next Cristiano Ronaldo?, this question keeps lingering in the mind of football lovers, the sixteen years old left-winger has proven himself beyond the doubts of football lovers, who dont see any value in youth.
looking at the fact that Ansumanne Fati is just 16 years old, many wont think he will match the standard of Cristiano Ronaldo, but i can tell you that he will definitely match and surpass Cristiano Ronaldo standard.
His performance this season, and the number of records he has broken, he is definitely coming out as the best left-winger in the nearest future, if he should keep up with his current momentum.
Lionel Messi was impressed with the youngster performance that he had to give him a star hug after his brilliant display at the end of the match.
Who is Ansu Fati?
Anssumane “Ansu” Fati is a Barcelona wonder kid that plays as a left-winger for FC Barcelona, he was age six when he moved to Herrera , Seville with his family from Guinea-Bissau. He joined FC Barcelona La Masia Academy in 2012 at age ten.
Fati signed his first professional contracts with FC Barcelona on 24 July, 2019, a deal tat will keep him till 2022.
On 25th August he made his first appearance in the first team, after replaicing the goal scorer, Carlez perez, aged 16 years and 298 days, he became the second-youngest player to debut for the club, only 18 days older than Vicenç Martínez back in 1941.
On 31 August 2019, he scored his first professional goal in the match between Barcelona and CA Osasuna at the El Sadar Stadium (Pamplona) at the age of 16 years and 304 days, becoming the Barcelona senior team’s youngest goalscorer ever and the third-youngest scorer in the history of La Liga
On 14 September 2019, Fati became the youngest player in the history of La Liga to score and assist in the same match aged 16. Fati scored in the 2nd minute and assisted Frenkie de Jong in the 7th against Valencia to take the record.
Current Records he has set
- Ansu-Fati became the second youngest player to feature for Barcelona in La-Liga. The club asked for his parents permission for him to play.
- Ansu Fati’s goal in Barcelona’s draw at Osasuna on August 31st , saw him become the clubs youngest-ever goal scorer in la-liga.
- Ansu Fati becomes the youngest player ever to score and provide an assist in the same game in La-Liga history.
Similarities Between Ansu Fati and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- They are both eligible to play for Portugal
- They are both from a poor background
- They are both signed from team B straight to the First team