Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Aveiro is a professional multifunctional player. He was born on the 5th of February 1985 at Funchal, Portugal. The football star’s father Jose Dinis Aveiro was the equipment manager for local club Andorinha.
His name Ronaldo was derived from a movie star, Ronald Reagan who was the U.S president at Cristiano Ronaldo’s birth. The Portuguese international currently plays for Juventus and is regarded as the greatest of all time [G.O.A.T]
At the age of 15, Ronaldo was diagnosed with a heart condition which he recovered from quickly after surgery.
He started his football career at Desportivo Nacional of Madeira as a teenager and then transferred to Sporting Lisbon where he also played so many youth games before he was given a professional contract and made his debut in the first team and he also scored two debut goals.
He impressed a lot at Sporting Lisbon after his debut which caught the attention of many European clubs. He joined Manchester United in 2003 after they paid an initial fee of £12.24 million, he became their first-ever Portuguese player and was at that time the most expensive teenager in English football history.
His finest season with the Red Devils came in 2007-08 when he scored a total of 42 goals in league and cup which earned him the golden boot award as Europe’s leading scorer with 31 league goals.
Shortly, Ronaldo was sold to Spanish giants Real Madrid for a then-record fee of £80 million. His stay in Madrid was superb because he helped them win so many trophies.
In July 2018, he agreed a four-year contract with an Italian powerhouse for a transfer fee of £105 million. Cristiano Ronaldo has played for a total of four clubs and is one of the most well-known sport stars off-field.
1. He has scored 725 career goals and provided 220 assist for club and Country.
2. He is the first player to win four European golden boots
3. He has won a total of 31 trophies which includes:
Five UEFA champions league, Six league titles, and one European championship.He has also attained 16 titles from different friendly competitions.
4. He is also a five-time ballon d’Or winner, the most for a European player.
5. He holds the record of most goals in the UEFA champions league, UEFA European Championship, FIFA club world, and UEFA Nations League finals.
6. Ronaldo holds the record of most goals scored in a UEFA champions league season.
7. He scored the Most international goals in a calendar year: 32
8. From 2007–2019 Cristiano Ronaldo has had the most appearances in the FIFA Pro World numbering to 13.
9. In 2018, he became the oldest player to score a hat-trick at a FIFA World Cup: 33 years, 130 days.
10. He is the only player to score more than 50 goals in seven consecutive calendar years from 2011-2017.
11. The Portuguese forward is the first player to score in ten consecutive international tournaments.
12. Most followed athletes on Twitter (with 84.1 million followers as of 25 April 2020) and most liked on Facebook also.
13.CR7 is Europe’s all-time top international goalscorer with 99 goals.
14. The first player to reach 100 career wins in the UEFA Champions League
15. He has most goals scored in UEFA Champions League knockout phase: 56 goals
16. Most goals scored from direct free-kicks in UEFA Champions League history.
17.The only player to score ten goals against a single opponent (Juventus) in the UEFA Champions League.
18.The first footballer to have won the European Golden Shoe in different leagues: English Premier League (2007–08) and Spanish La Liga (2010–11, 2013–14, 2014–15).
19. Ronaldo has a record of more than 100 headed goals in his glittering career and holds the record of most headed goals at UEFA European Championship finals tournaments.
20.The first player to score in seven consecutive away matches in a debut Serie A season.